Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

5 Years in Prision For Herbal Alternative to Big Pharm?!

Crime Victim Kennith Rau

A mild-mannered 46-year-old, Rau's interest in salvia derived from a broader interest in herbalism, religion and spirituality, as well as efforts to deal with his own inner demons. "I read that salvia facilitates lucid dreaming, so I tried chewing some leaves before bed time, and it was interesting because I would see faces and remember names I had long forgotten."

He also tried salvia as a cure for depression. "I have some childhood issues to deal with. They had me on Paxil," he said. "They want you to take their pharmaceuticals, but if you want to take an herbal remedy, they want to throw you in prison. Are they going to save me from myself by throwing me in prison for years?"

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/533/north_dakota_first_salvia_arrest_kenneth_rau

Yes, criminals -- whose official titles are "prosecutors" -- support his kidnapping (arrest) and now want to extort 5 years of his life, for violating the legislative criminal activity of the North Dakota government, to wit, a ban on the herb Salvia.
Kenneth Rau, the Bismarck, North Dakota, man who suffers the dubious distinction of being the first person in the United States prosecuted under laws criminalizing the possession of salvia divinorum, has been offered a plea deal under which he would serve five years in state prison, he told the Chronicle this week.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/547/kenneth_rau_salvia_five_years




No comments: