Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Obama Laughs Off Question on MJ Legalization

Provides zero argument for saying no to legalizing Cannabis for economic relief or job creation before compliant audience.










THE PRESIDENT: Can I just interrupt, Jared, before you ask the next question, just to say that we -- we took votes about which questions were going to be asked and I think 3 million people voted or --
DR. BERNSTEIN: Three point five million.
THE PRESIDENT: Three point five million people voted. I have to say that there was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy -- (laughter) -- and job creation. And I don't know what this says about the online audience -- (laughter) -- but I just want -- I don't want people to think that -- this was a fairly popular question; we want to make sure that it was answered. The answer is, no, I don't think that is a good strategy -- (laughter) -- to grow our economy. (Applause.)

What does such a reaction say about the type of people handpicked for attending such an event?

And what does it say about Obama?

No comments: